Wednesday 30 July 2014

NONI'S KITCHEN// Blonde Brownies


I'd never even heard of blonde brownies until I stumbled upon this recipe. They're lovely and goey, just they way I love my brownies. For those of you, who like me were unawares, blonde brownies are just brownies without the need for chocolate. I know I know, you're thinking what is even the point, but trust me, they're good. I decided to add some chocolate chips as I had some lying around anyway. Next time I shall definitely also add some nuts, maybe walnuts or macadamias (my weakness).



Ingredients:

125g (1 cup) sifted plain flour
225g (1 cup) packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
75g (1/3 cup) butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp vanilla extract
110 (2/3 cup) milk chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt (and nuts and chocolate chips) into a bowl, mix well and set aside.
In another bowl mix the brown sugar and melted butter, allow to cool, then add the vanilla extract and beaten egg and mix well.
Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Spread into prepared tin and bake for 20 to 20 minutes. 



Enjoy! Noni xx

Original Recipe from Allrecipies.com

No comments:

Post a Comment